People call and ask about Cheeky Tunes;
‘Is this a show or is this a class?’
I’m glad people are confused because that means I must be on to something different.
The answer is; It’s both.
Cheeky Tunes is all about learning music and confidence through fun and play.
It’s a show because-
- It is high energy and entertaining.
- Children come with their caregivers and remain with them through the show.
- Involvement in the activities is optional
- There is no expectation that children achieve anything but have fun
- The show is available every week but you don’t have to come every week, we don’t run like terms
It is a class because-
- We learn, Oh yes we learn a lot- rhythm, singing, dance, drama, musicality, confidence, foreign language, responsibility, spatial awareness.
- It is held weekly and children come repeatedly
- The performer addresses the children by name and forms relationships with them and caters to each child’s needs/personality
- The structure of the shows satisfies all 5 outcomes of the early learning framework see Early Learning Framework